Gain Confidence Through Skin Rejuvenation
At Craig Barrows DDS, we offer skin rejuvenation treatments. The older we get, the more our skin shows the stories of our lives, from the struggles of puberty to the time we spent in the sun to how often our smiles reached our eyes. We don’t always appreciate the signs these experiences can leave on our skin, but skin rejuvenation with the Viora system can help by removing damaged surface cells to reveal the younger, smoother skin beneath.
How Aging Affects Our Skin
As we get older, the skin in our cheeks and below our jaws begins to lose its collagen and elastin. Collagen is a protein that forms the body’s connective tissue, and elastin is a connective tissue protein that helps our skin return to its original shape after being stretched. As we lose these proteins, the skin of our cheeks becomes less firm and succumbs to gravity, leading to sagging and a jowly appearance.
Environmental and Lifestyle Factors That Contribute to Aging Skin
Several factors besides simply getting older determine how severely a person’s skin may be affected by aging.
- Sun exposure: exposure to ultraviolet rays from the sun can damage the collagen in our skin. The effects of sun exposure are cumulative over the course of our entire lives, which is why wide-brimmed hats, sunscreen, and UV-blocking sunglasses are so important to use at any age.
- Weight loss: an unfortunate reality of successfully losing weight is that our skin doesn’t shrink with the rest of our bodies, so the skin that was stretched by excess weight can then sag and contribute to a more aged appearance.
- Smoking: nicotine and other chemicals in cigarettes can damage elastin and collagen in our skin, as well as narrow our blood vessels. This limits blood circulation and keeps the skin from getting the nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
- Facial expressions: your face won’t quite get “stuck that way” like your mom always used to warn you, but laughter lines and frown lines are real. The expressions we make most can eventually be reflected in the ways our skin sags and creases with age.
- Poor posture while using phones or computers: these days, we spend a lot of time looking down at a smartphone, and this can actually affect how we age and increase the risk of developing jowls. Try to avoid the smartphone slouch!
How Viora Rejuvenates Your Skin
Viora is the best intelligent technology to achieve that glowing skin look, so take advantage of our non-invasive anti-aging treatments. Depending on your individual skin characteristics and needs, the treatment can be delivered as monotherapy or combination treatment, and it is suitable for all skin types with no anesthesia required.
Viora’s anti-aging procedures induce cell renewal of the dermal and epidermal layers of skin, prompting the body to shed its dull, aged appearance. Significant results may include an improvement in overall appearance and quality of tissue. This treatment assists you in achieving a more youthful look to improve your appearance and confidence. Results may vary from patient to patient.
Take Advantage of Our Practice’s Cosmetic Treatments
Get in touch with us if you would like to learn more about the cosmetic options we offer at our practice, from cosmetic dentistry to spa treatments for the skin. We’re excited to help you achieve your esthetic goals! You can learn more about what our practice can do for you, both in regards to your dental health and your appearance, on the other pages of our site, you can check out our Youtube channel, and make sure to check the map for directions before you head our way.